Sunday, October 18, 2009

In Sydney! part 2

Whoops I hit send before I was done. Ah the perils of mobile email blogging.

No issues in customs, thank God. I knew I was prepared, but there was definitely the fear in the back of my mind that id get detained like I was in London a few years back. (if you haven't heard that story, its great - remind me to tell you sometime)

So my backpack feels WAAAY heavier than I remembered. I should've put all the parts together & tried it on that way as I was packing. I'm gonna have to purge, quickly - its a little ridiculous. I'm stooped over & I have to keep moving or I might keel over. Thankfully, I don't have to wear it much.

I'm on the bus to the hostel & so far nothing really looks very foreign tho it is weird (& awesome) that everyones driving on the "wrong" side of the road.

Ok now at the hostel & despite walking into my room & waking an unhappy frenchman, things are looking good: I've already made friends with some Americans & Canadians on the rooftop of the hostel. Yay!

The pic is of the view of Sydney harbor bridge & the opera house from my hostel roof. Awesome.

I'm gonna go walk around, get myself acquainted with the city & get some food now.

I'm so grateful & happy for:
~ holding my own with strangers
~ a good flight
~ I'm actually IN Australia!!!

Xo! n.

2 comments:

  1. I need to hear the London story, but it can wait...Love the view, love you! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails