Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 34: useful


Its a no-frenchie day! My brain can relax...

Spent the day building a urte (mongolian house - pictured), sorting saran wrap teepees, blacking out windows at the tippy-top of a very tall but not quite tall enough ladder, and running errands.


Got to know some of the people I've been working with better & had some great conversations with Kat as we shopped the aussie version of Lowes.

I kept busy so the day went by quickly; suddenly it was 7 and the crew & a few artists were sitting around having a beer. It was nice having some time to sit and talk & laugh with everyone, and it definitely made me feel a part of the group.

They asked, are you sick of us yet? Regret signing up? And I said no, anytime I feel a bit ugh, I just remind myself I'm in AUSTRALIA working an ARTS festival!! I'm so lucky!!


After a few beers, all of the crew scattered home & the last artist, Marley (pictured, with J), peddled off on his bike, J, Kat & I went out for a lovely, late Chinese dinner. They're pretty much my bosses, so its really nice to feel accepted by them. I know I'm not the most experienced when it comes to tech stuff but I'll do what you ask me, I try my best & I have no ego about it. And, let's be honest, they mostly like me bc I saved their butt by speaking some french. :)

It was too late for busses or trains so I caught a taxi & had a moment of panic bc I didn't have as much cash as I thought, but I ended up with just enough to get me home. Sigh of relief.

Today I'm so grateful & happy for:
~ getting to know people
~ gaining respect
~ scrounging enough cash for the taxi
~ soft-shell crab
Post Options
Xo! n.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails