Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 17: healing, fo reals this time

Been laying in bed all morning, watching Australian TV. Its worse than American; half of the program is infomercials, and all anchors are attractive, witty & too joke-y to be giving the news. One of the morning show hosts is totally a Kristin Wig character. In a news report about an assault, she said, and I quote, "...the 54 year old man, known as Jimmy Two Hats, lives in a cliffside cave." I can't make this shit up. Hilarious.

I hate the pay phones here. They keep eating my money & not connecting me. It was a trial contacting my travel insurance yesterday, and today, after two tries at contacting a drs office specializing in travelers, I gave up & just walked over. Luckily they were able to take me within 30 mins.

Pictured is the map at the. Drs office - look how far I am from you!

Turns out it's sinusitis, my old arch nemesis. So I was kicking myself for not getting a flu shot & for not going to the Dr sooner, but I can give myself a break bc its not the flu & the Dr said she recommends people take over the counter meds for 5-7 days before prescribing anything, so going earlier wouldve just been a waste of money.

It sucks bc my whole reason for going to Adelaide was to do a two day trip to kangaroo island but now I don't think I can handle the adventure tour I was going to take. But I'm still going to do a day tour & keep my private room at the hostel so I can still sleep well.

Aw I ran into my Indian friend (can't spell his name, met on the bus from Melbs)as he was going out & he came back with some vicks vapo rub for me! How nice! Ah soooothing.

For tonight, its Oz TV, veg curry cup-o-noodles, medicine & snooze snooze snooze.

Today I'm so happy & grateful for:
~ a not too expensive Dr visit & prescription meds
~ the kindness of semi-strangers
~ my private recovery bungalow
~ all of your get well wishes - thank you so much!!!!!!!

Xo! n.

2 comments:

  1. Gabby wants you to get better too!
    Poppo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, what is that jimmy two hats into now??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails