Monday, November 22, 2010

Relay of Friendship Blogger Award!

I've recieved a lovely blog award from sweet *S on Our One Sweet World !  How fun!


I've been handed the baton in the relay of friendship (adorable!) and after I answer a few questions, I'll be passing it on to 5 lovely blogs!

What did you want to be when you grew up?
This question assumes that I am now grown up - lies!  ;)  When I was a kid, I wanted to be a librarian or archeologist, both, I think, rooted in my love of stories.  Now, I'm not sure what I want to be, but I still love telling stories, travel, and helping people - so if I can find something that combines all three maybe I might actually want to grow up!

What were your favorite cartoons?
Danger Mouse.  I loved that little British mouse 007 so much that on long car trips, when I'd ask my mom, "how much longer," she'd say, "three Danger Mouses" (I know it sounds like bad grammar but it's not really).

Favorite childhood game?
Any sort of make-believe; I used to pretend I was Maid Marion, Danger Mouse (of course), an orphan on the run (I loved "Annie")... I played outside alone or with friends, creating new worlds all the time.

Most favorite birthday?
As a kid, the birthday when we had a scavenger hunt that ended with us literally digging up buried treasure on the beach!  Or maybe the birthday where we played a murder mystery game...  As an adult, probably the year my friends kidnapped me & took me to Mexico for the weekend.  I've had a lot of great birthdays.  :)

Something you have always wanted to do but haven't done yet?
Write a novel, learn an instrument, see every continent (3 down, 4 more to go!) - there are SO many places in the world I want to see!

What was your first love?
Probably reading.  I was a bookworm as a kid; I always got a sackful of books from the library & devoured them immediately.

First musical idol?
Embarrassingly, Mariah Carey.  I used to roller skate & lip-sync to "Dreamlover" and "Hero," and I still listen to her "Merry Christmas" Album every year.  Yup.

Favorite gift?
Wow, thats a tough one.  I've gotten lots of wonderful gifts over the years...

If a theme song played for you everywhere you went, what would it be?
Oh it changes, pretty often, but right now it's "Clap Your Hands" by Sia - so happy & fun!

Favorite city to visit?
Well, I love to visit DC because I have so much family there (and family that doesn't live there congregates there for holidays) but Cinqueterre, Italy (specifically Monterroso) is my favorite place I've ever been... although the Whitsundays in Australia really gave it a run for its money...  :)

And now I'm passing the baton to...
my lovely fellow writers on Stratejoy!!
Doniree of Nomadic Foodie
Marian of Marian Librarian
Renee of Belle Renee
Lindsey of LindseyK

Ladies, no worries if you're too busy to participate, but I just wanted to show y'all a little love.

Today I am so grateful and happy for:
~ internet friends
~ seeing the new Harry Potter (ooohhh sooo good!)
~ calm days at work

xo!  n.
Related Posts with Thumbnails