Friday, November 12, 2010

heart a-flutter friday

Starting on Thanksgiving, my family always asks for a Christmas list & I never know what to tell them because I never really need anything.  And when I start looking for things, I often come across stuff I love but have no use for at this stage of my life, or that's way too expensive to expect anyone to get it for me.  So I'm starting a weekly post of all the lovely things that set my little heart a-flutter.

This way I get to enjoy window-shopping, start thinking about what to get my friends & family for Christmas, and have a sorta-kinda Christmas list to which I can direct my family.  And you get to drool over these lovely things too!  It's a win-win-win-win!

So here goes, the first installment of Heart a-flutter Friday!

Filigree Leaf Wrap Ring by BrillianceFound on Etsy
I really like gold lately and I love chunky rings. This one is big & fab, but flat so it won't get snagged on things like sweaters and eye sockets.

Oatmeal Cup Cozy by Natalya1905 on Etsy
Ohh, it's like my favorite old dad sweater -- for my coffee!  I just want to cuddle up with this!

Because playing around on Photoshop is one of my favorite things to do.
Pretty Birdie's Wooden Double Ring by StephanieTeague on Etsy
Made from scraps of wood from old guitars!  Double-finger rings remind me of brass knuckles, so even though this one is obviously non-violent, I think it would make me feel just a skoch bad-ass.

Lovely Little Bulbs Stack Rings by Kathiroussel on Etsy
I love dainty stack rings, especially when they're uneven & organic like this.
From SucculentsGalore on Etsy
I want this garden for my own!  Oh how I adore succulents.
Modern Baby Clock Owl by Decoylab on Etsy
Cute and kitschy but simple and modern.  Perfect for any room in my imaginary future house.

I love these sweet little birdies - I could line them in a row or spread them out to bring some color and whimsy into each room.
Well that was random & fun!  Can you tell how very much I love Etsy?  :)  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did & maybe even got an idea or two for your own Holiday shopping!  Happy weekend!

Today I am so happy & grateful for:
~ lovely things
~ finding the perfect gift for someone (which I totally did today, but shhh I can't tell you who or what!)
~ The season of Thanks and Giving

xo!  n.
Related Posts with Thumbnails