Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 47: stressbuckets!

Woke up, had a coffee and called my momma on skype.  I'm used to talking to my mom about twice a week & we've talked twice in the past two months, so it was a much-needed chat.  for reals.

But after that, I spent the entire rest of the day trying to figure out my last week in Australia.  I stressed, sweated, cursed.  You don't even want to hear about it.

I finally decided that, with how ginormous Australia is, even just the Queensland area, I need more days.  So I changed my flight back to LA to December 21 and moved it from Cairns to Brisbane.  This way, I should be able to still meet up with my friend T (who is flying into Cairns Monday!) and spend some time with her as well as still seeing the rainforest & having more than 2 days in the Whitsundays sailing & diving.

Sorry to anyone who is terribly surprised by this news.  I'll still be back for Christmas!

AB & The Scot got home just as I was trying to make myself unwind & stop feeling anxious.  They made a super delicious (I swear, they are really spoiling me) dinner of steak & cheesy potatoes as I skype chatted with my friend G in Texas - he was getting ready for the sun to rise as I watched it set. 

skype chat and ...blogger! G was distracting me from my posting duties

So his silliness made me feel better, food in my belly made me feel better, and then it was time to put the Christmas tree up, which made me feel hell better!


Their Christmas stockings - almost as big as AB!

The Scot got out the tree & started setting it up and then (with a bit of couple-y bickering :) ) they both strung the lights & with the sunset behind it (cue angel singing) it was beeeaaautiful!!!  We put on some Christmas music and suddenly it felt like the holiday season, despite the hot summer weather.


Today I am so happy & grateful for:
~ the internet (travel resources & lovely connections galore!)
~ ocean breezes & fans
~ the Christmas spirit always jollies me up!

xo! n.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails