Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ten Holiday Faves

It's December!!  Can you believe it?

My ten favorite things about the Holiday season are:

10.  Christmas carols!  You know 'em, you love 'em, you know you love 'em.
9.  Holiday flavored coffee creamer: Sugar and Spice, Gingerbread, Eggnog, mmmm...  drooool...

8.  Scarves.  Even in the SoCal climate, they're a fashionable winter accessory.

7.  Christmas cards!!  I NEVER get snail mail anymore - except during the holidays.

6.  Cookies - gingerbread, sugar, peanut butter chocolate... you're supposed to pig out!

5.  Presents - I love the surprise of unwrapping something mysterious.

4.  Twinkly Christmas lights.  Everywhere.

3.  Everyone says "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" - everyone!  To strangers!  Even in LA!!

2.  Presents - I LOVE giving someone that perfect gift & seeing their face light up!

And the #1 thing I love about the Holiday season is... (don't judge)...

1.  Cheesy Lifetme/Hallmark Channel made-for-TV Holiday movies!!!!! *  I know, I know, it sounds so lame, but there is really nothing better than curling up on the sofa on a cold winter night with a hot chocolate (or glass of red wine), snuggled up in a blanket with a you-know-how-it's-gonna-end-but-it-still-warms-your-heart-makes-you-giggle-and-probably-makes-you-cry-a-little movie.  Don't knock it 'til you try it.
I am so grateful & happy that it's Christmastime!!!


*Actually, my real #1 favorite thing is spending time with (or at least connecting with, if I can't physically be there) the people I love the most.  But that's a given.  :)

What's your favorite thing about the Holiday season?

[photos from here here and here]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails