Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Portrait

I step out of the house in too-big boots that clack on cement and crunch golden leaves as my feet slide inside, skinny jeans (I've succumbed) tucked snugly in.  A woven hat that perches back on my head drooping like a wooly empty pillowcase hides my still-wet hair.  The dark green courdoury blazer and gold pashmina tied as a scarf that've become my winter uniform hide whatever possibly cute, probably bummy shirt I've chosen for the day.  A faded purse weighs my shoulder; I carry my coffee in one hand, keys in the other.  My neighborhood is alive but always quiet; it is sleepy and still as I cross the street to my beat-up car, in which I sit, waiting for the engine and my hands to warm.  It's 50 degrees and I'm pathetically freezing.

This is winter nikki.


Today I am so grateful & happy for:
~ finding flavored coffee creamer (the little ones from a gas station) in my desk - I'd forgotten about them!
~ fresh, free sushi lunch
~ a yummy-smelling soy candle in my office

xo! n.

[photo source]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails