Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 6: "its the eye of the tiger..."

Today I talked to my momma (on the phone! We usually talk 3 or 4 times a week; its been sorely missed), ate a yummy eggs on toast brekkie courtesy of Nicko, and then he & I went over to Nicks house to paint it. The guys & I decided to finish off the house as a birthday present for him; it was supposed to be a surprise but it was also supposed to be done before his birthday. Waa waaah.

I got 3 coats of paint on the front room & Nicko painted the outside. Its looking good. We listened to "The Greatest Movie Hits Vol. 1" and sang along like crazies. Came back to the hostel covered in dirt & paint only to find a water main had burst & there was no chance of a shower. Dang! Threw on my bathers & jumped in the pool - ahhh. Nicks mum came by with baby Jackson & remarked how murky the pool looked; I couldn't help but feel partially responsible.

Hung out with Nikki for a bit while she watched "Home Improvement" & we discussed celebrity crushes we had as kids (JTT, baby!). Found out the water was back on so I showered & changed for dinner; Nicks mum made his favorite for a belated birthday meal: veal, potatoes & veg. It was the second time I've ever had veal, the first being when I was a teenager, visiting Austria, and I remember not liking it much. I gave it a fresh chance and although it was very well-prepared, I'm still not really a fan. I cleaned my plate though. :)

Good conversation, lots of laughter; Nicks mum said she'd like to trade him in for me. Ha ha! We played "celebrity heads," where you write a celeb name & stick it on another persons forehead, then everyone has to guess who they are by asking yes or no questions. I was, unbeknownst to me, Meg Ryan, and his mum won as Danny Devito, even though his dad spelled it "Devoto." We drank wine until it was time for bed (well all except Nick, he's taking a break from the "grog"). All in all, a good night.

Today I'm so happy & grateful for:
~ water-soluble paint
~ getting back to the blog (even if there's nothing exciting to report & no pics - sorry!)
~ tums

Xo! n.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails