Sunday, February 28, 2010

Digital Nomad.

Figured it out.  That's the official name for what I want to be.

In this world recession, more and more people are taking their talents on the road (and plane and boat) and working remotely via the internet.  There are web designers working on beaches in Bali and consultants working in the Swiss Alps.  They don't buy into the fallacy that you have to be chained to a desk, or even a city, to make a living.

And neither do I.

For years, I've known I love to write and I adore travel.  If I won the lottery tomorrow, I wouldn't buy a big house or produce a film, I'd set out for a world tour, and I wouldn't be able to resist writing about it.  Therefore, what could be better for me than to establish myself as a travel writer?

print by 3LambsGraphics on Etsy.com

You're going to see some changes to this blog; they will be slight and gradual, most likely, but I'm working on a format that will be my voice in the travel industry.  I believe everyone can travel, regardless of age or income, and I hope to encourage people to broaden their perspective by seeing the world.

You have all been an incredible support to me; thank you so much for reading & following this blog.  Please continue to stick with me (teaser: I have some really exciting news coming soon!) through these changes, and please spread the word about The Grateful Sparrow.  Anyone who wants to travel but doesn't think they can, who feels stuck in a job or life they're not happy with, who wants to make a change but is afraid - please send them my way.  If I can do it, anyone can.

Today I am so grateful and happy for:
~ starting out on a new adventure
~ your support & love
~ possibility

xo! n.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails