Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hitting the Ground Running

I know I've been way behind on posting and I'm sorry.  I've been back in LA for a week and a half now but it feels like 3.  Seriously.  I jumped right into a job and have been working long days (yesterday I was there for 16 hours!), so when I get home, I crash.

HUGE difference from the past month, or even the past year - ever since I left for Australia (one year ago last Sunday - can you believe it????  I can't), I haven't worked steadily.  It feels funny.

I'm working in the special events department for one of the major studios here, and I'm working on the studio lot.  Which is pretty neat.  The parties we put together are on the backlot (the fake city streets with facades of buildings) and they are SO. COOL.  Really, it's not a bad job, even though it does involve some long hours and sitting in an office, which just makes me antsy and tired, a strange combination.
an example of a backlot, undressed

I like to drive my golf cart past trams full of tourists.  It makes me feel important.

It's been cold and rainy in LA - I have my down blanket and fleece on my bed, which makes it extra cozy (thanks, Lee Anne for letting me borrow!) and even harder to get out of in the mornings.  I like the gloomy weather, though; the other night as I was drifting to sleep I heard the sound of rain & thought, what is that weird noise...?  That's how often we get rain in LA.

I've been in an off mood since I got back, although everything is really quite good right now.  My little room in the Eagle Rock house is as adorable as ever, I've been slowly catching up with friends here, and this job fell into my lap & is the money I desperately need to replenish my empty bank account.  But I feel like everyone is expecting answers from me and I have none.

I'm taking it one day at a time.  Things just keep coming to me and I keep saying yes.

As for now, it's 9pm and I'm going to bed.  Yes, really.  Goodnight lovely people.

Today I am so grateful & happy for:
~ free lunches
~ gmail chat
~ green tea
~ new delightful music

xo!  n.

3 comments:

  1. Just say yes to whatever you feel is right. The answers will come.

    At least, this is what I tell myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you at WB? If you are we have to have lunch sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like people are wanting answers from me too! Maybe in 2011? Maybe not. I just know they will come when they need to. Listen and respond. It's all we can do really.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails