Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Unstill Life

Yesterday I had the first gallery showing of my art, attended by friends and strangers (and an occasional bum off the street), under the crooked smile of the Hollywood sign.

We didn't make much money, but it was one of the most beautiful things I've done; watching my talented friends perform with the backdrop of paintings and sculptures as people wandered in, curious, and stood smiling & transfixed, will forever be a happy memory.  A lot of friends showed up - a few bringing friends - and even a few people I hadn't seen in years, which was a great surprise.  The reaction to the show was all positive and Teeter & I each sold a piece.

And I sang!!  I did it.  I faced my fear and stood up in front of a roomful of people and sang, loud, backed only by a acoustic guitar and trumpet (yes, trumpet - another one of Jamey's unexpected talents).  I was so nervous I couldn't open my eyes on the first go round, but after a audience-less rehearsal (and a glass of wine) I felt much more confident & just had fun with it.  And I got a lot of positive feedback!  It was such an amazing experience.

That's me! (accompanied by John on guitar & Jamey on trumpet) And my art behind me.

For those of you in LA, you have one more chance to be a part of this Side Work experience on Tuesday from 5pm to midnight - and at the world-famous Magic Castle, no less!  Check it out here.

Today I am so grateful and happy for:
~ all the friends that came out to support us last night
~ selling some art!
~ facing an old fear - and feeling great about it
~ making amazing things happen

xo!  n.

1 comment:

  1. That is so great! Damn, I wish I knew - I'm in LA. If you have another show, will you mention it on my blog so I can go? You should be VERY proud. And I love that you have a gratitude list :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails